Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Music Mosaic - Source Images

I suppose that sharing one's methods will lead to a karmic return of some size, so these are the source images I used for my Music Mosaic.

WARNING: Pretty graphic medical images and other unpleasant stuff awaits you, but hit the jump if you're cool with that.



Beef Tripe, the lining of the cow's stomach. Asian people eat this.

A dried out lotus seed pod.

A bisected tumour.

The mouth of a lamprey. They are eels with hatred for teeth.

Another bisected tumour.

The inside of a penguin's mouth. I didn't use this one, but it's too cool not to share.

Bubbles. Don't google Trypophobia if this makes you uncomfortable.

Bricks with holes in them.

That's about it. I grayscaled them and messed with the brightness/contrast until they matched Hedi Slimane's portraits, then used Overlay or Soft Light or some other photoshop thing until it didn't look too garish. The smudge and clone stamp tools also came in handy. If you want the .psd's, leave a comment or email me or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment